Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Great show

I wanna take a moment to do a shout out. It's not my modus operandi to write such casual off-hand posts but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Movies are no longer what they once were. In the current age of show biz, every movie produced is either part of a cinematic universe or a Kevin Hart comedy. To go to a cinema now usually means one of two things:

1. Over-analyzing and detailed concentration in attempts to detect every intricate Easter egg hidden between the lines of a delicately written Marvel movie.

or

2. Dumb humor accentuated by hawt gals.

This wasn't the case when I recently watched The Greatest Showman on New Years eve (which by the way is also a great movie.). The Greatest Showman was an amazing show. It combined inspiring messages with amazing songwriting, acting and storytelling to give me a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

Believe me, I am a huge fan of the marvel cinematic universe. I enjoy keeping up to date with every TV series and movie and correlating them. However, to enter a movie not expecting much and exit feeling inspired; that's a movie that doesn't come by frequently nowadays.

Every character in the movie was so relatable it was like I was them. The songs were very well written and if you haven't heard them I highly recommend so.

A Million Dreams and Never Enough really resonated with me.

So anyway. Thank you, Hugh Jackman for helping make this show possible ( I saw in an interview that he had been planning for this movie for about 7 years.), and huge props to the great acting by the rest of the cast.

Alright, fangay moment over. Out.

No comments: